Take Your Décor To New Heights
Most of the time, we think about ceilings as just a blank place at the top of our walls. Instead, think of ceilings as a fifth wall that can be enhanced to add character and beauty or make your rooms seem more spacious.
Some changes involve major structural renovations, such as:
- Warm wood beams
- Rustic wood slats
- Vaulted ceilings
- Raising the roof to add a row of windows
- Cutting through the roof to install skylights
For these dramatic changes, you’ll need to hire a contractor (and maybe even an engineer) to advise you and do the work, keeping in mind structural issues in your home.
More Ideas For The Ceiling
Other ceiling enhancements are easier to complete such as:
- Crown molding on or near the ceiling
- Coffered ceilings
- Coved ceilings
- Hollow beams that don’t add weight to your home’s structure
- Contrasting paint color, either darker or lighter than wall paint
- Stencils or murals
- Faux paint finishes
Take your home environment to a higher level – and don’t forget about the ceilings!
DON'T MISS OUT
Sign up for email updates, tips and offers:
* Required Fields